How to Promote Your Book on a Shoestring Budget


How to Promote Your Book on a Shoestring Budget started its life as the 8-page booklet "How to Promote Your Benefit Concert on a Shoestring Budget" way back in 1990. That's how long I have been organizing promotional, marketing and publicity tips along with event-planning ideas. I started work on this book in September of 2006, and even had a proof copy done at a local vanity press. However, I was very unhappy with the results and have spent the past two years refining the book, adding four new chapters plus a checklist, as well as workbook pages with every chapter.

The book has been through the editing process, has been proof read, designed and laid out, and now I am just waiting for the final product to roll off the presses, hopefully by the end of August!

If you order the book, I want you to know that's not all you get! I have just created a Yahoo group where my readers will have access to me and to other writers where you can give feedback, ask questions, and share your own tips. I hope you will join us at: PromoteYourBook

I will also post occasional tips and ideas here, the best of what we come up with in the Yahoo group, so stay tuned! And if you know someone who is writing a book, PLEASE help me out by passing the link along to the Promote Your Book MySpace page! I honestly believe any new author or self-published author will find my book helpful!

One thing I promise in the book, is that I will post updates, new information and other extras on the Promote-Your-Books website.

Three of my very talented friends have helped me out with their top tips on Sales, Self Promotion, and Social Networking. Because I had to trim down two of the lists, I decided to run the longer versions on the Promote-Your-Books website on the page called "Extras."

If you would like to see what a singer-songwriter with a successful recording and performing career in Nashville has to say about Self Promotion, or what one of the world's few great sword swallowers (who can be seen on shows like "Ripley's Believe It or Not" and "America's Got Talent") has to say about Social Networking, go to Promote-Your-Books and click on Extras.

Then buy the book!


LINKS:
How to Promote Your Book on a Shoestring Budget web site
Promote Your Book MySpace page
PromoteYourBook Yahoo Group

View Kathryn Darden's profile on LinkedIn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choking on Honey: What to Do

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques