Life in a Washington, D.C. Suburb at the Time of Kennedy's Assassination - Yahoo



I grew up with a mailing address in Falls Church, Virginia, in the 1960s, but our community was actually outside the Falls Church area, closer to Bailey's Crossroads and Culmore on Lake Barcroft. Our property was perfect for a kid with a wooded back lot that went down to a field and then a dock on the lake. I have happy memories of my 5 years growing up in Virginia.


My father was stationed in Washington D.C. in the 60s which is why we lived there. It was an interesting time for my family and our nation.

I was asked to write a first-hand account of what life was like (in 300 words or less) during the time of President Kennedy's assassination, and these are my memories:

Life in a Washington, D.C. Suburb at the Time of Kennedy's Assassination

Lake Barcroft, located in Falls Church, Va., was a middle-class suburban area outside of Washington, D.C. populated by many military and government families in the 1960s. My own father was stationed at the Pentagon and the Bureau of Yards and Docks, so we were heavily influenced by daily happenings in our Nation's Capitol.

Read more at: Life in a Washington, D.C. Suburb at the Time of Kennedy's Assassination - Yahoo 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choking on Honey: What to Do

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques