Halloween Poem -- A Halloween Acrostic



I have a Halloween poem up on Associate Content that is a different look at the ghosts which haunt us.

It was an October AC challenge to write a Halloween acrostic poem and my personal challenge to write it from a Christian perspective and to avoid the usual reference to witches, vampires and other demonic elements, but keep it somewhat dark.

If you would like to read it, check out my Halloween Acrostic.


H aunted by memories 
A nother cold October night 
L onely under the harvest moon 
L ooking at the ghosts of my past 
O nly the undead as my companions 
W e wander the vacant corridors 
E very memory refuses to leave 
E maciated wraiths that won't die 
N eeding my blood for their feast.

Comments

Kathryn said…
I have revised the Halloween poem and will post the revision here. Remember, folks, it was an exercise in writing - not the last gasp of a clinically depressed woman!

H aunted by footsteps and memories
A nother cold autumn night
L onely under the pale harvest moon
L ooking at the ashes of my life
O nly the undead as my company
W e wander the corridors of my past
E very memory refuses to leave
E maciated wraiths that won't die
N eeding my lifeblood for their feast.

Popular posts from this blog

Choking on Honey: What to Do

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques