Unemployed!

In college, I began to work
To earn paychecks where dollars lurk.
So, gainfully employed I was -
Sometimes with three jobs, just because!
Economies, both good and bad,
It mattered not -- a job I had.

However, now things aren't so great;
In circumstances that I hate,
I learn my life-long skills aren't prized --
In fact, I find I've been downsized!
Now middle-aged, I am annoyed
To face my future, unemployed.

I know my future's in God's hands,
But this is not what I had planned.
So, should this poem your thoughts inspire,
Please contact me! I am for hire!

More information about this poem at Unemployed - a Poem & Explanation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choking on Honey: What to Do

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques