For Father's Day


All the things I never told my father:

For all the times
I never told you thank you,
For all the times
I ignored what you said,
For all the years
I acted so indifferent,
I want to say
how much I thank you, Dad.



These are the things I should have often told you,
But usually they were left unsaid;
Now these are words that weigh heavy upon me -
How much I want to say, I love you, Dad.

For all the times you reached and I rebuffed you,
For all the years I scoffed at things you said,
I want to say how much I miss my father,
And how I wish I could tell you now, Dad.

© Kathryn E. Darden

Read more:
Father's Day Poems - Poetry for Father's Day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choking on Honey: What to Do

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques