Elliot Handler, father of the Barbie doll, dead at 95

My Barbie doll was my most prized possession as a child.

Elliot Handler, father of the Barbie doll, dead at 95

In 1945, a fledgling toy company was founded by Harold "Matt" Matson and Elliot Handler. Combining their names, they called their new business Mattel. The company went on to become the world's largest toy company based on revenue according to the 2008 Fortune 500 list, thanks in part to the success of Mattel's Barbie doll.

Continue reading at: Elliot Handler, father of the Barbie doll, dead at 95

Irreverent Note: Just think -- if they had combined the 1st 2 letters of Harold Matson's name and the last 2 letters of Elliot Handler's name, they would have been the "HaHa Toy Company!"


More Barbie
Barbie My Favorite Barbie: The Original Teenage Fashion Model Barbie DollBarbie Collector My Favorite American GirlBarbie My Favorite Swirl Ponytail Barbie DollBarbie My Favorite Time Capsule 1967 Twist N' Turn


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choking on Honey: What to Do

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques