The Leaves of October - a Fall Poem



I love the cooler weather October brings, the bright blue sky and the colorful falling leaves. The sight of fall leaves spinning in an October breeze always makes me want to dance with them! This is a poem in celebration of autumn and the beauty of October leaves:


The Leaves of October - a Fall Poem

I Want to Dance with the Leaves of October

Oh, I want to dance with the leaves of October
That merrily twirl in the air,
To blend with the yellow, the reds, and the golds of them.
To dance in the wind without care.
And I want to run in the warm Autumn sun,
Skip under the azure blue sky,
To drift with the breeze among billowing leaves,
Rejoicing that I am alive.
So let me forget the cold chill of November
While October still is with me.
Too soon come the rains and the long, dreary winter nights,
Too quickly laid barren the trees.
Oh, I want to dance with the leaves of October
Before summer's warmth must depart.
Lord, let me lay hold of their red, brown, green, gold
And treasure their dance in my heart.
If you enjoyed this poem about the colorful October leaves, you might enjoy this companion piece:

3,155 views on AC/YCN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choking on Honey: What to Do

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques