The Myth of the Direct Selling Personality

My Miss Katy: still loved; still missed.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I have mentioned Rodan + FIelds to someone who has replied, "Yes, but you have the personality for it. I don't have the Direct Selling Personality.

These people don't KNOW me. They have no idea I was so shy in elementary school I hid in the bushes next to the playground during recess EVERY DAY in 4th and 5th grade so the more outgoing kids wouldn't bully me. They don't know that for FORTY YEARS, I was not invited to my own high school reunion because I was so shy and quiet in school, apparently no one remembered me.

These are people who don't know that for over 20 years, I published my own local magazine from my home with only my sweet dog for company, because I was perfectly happy quietly working from home by myself. They don't know I wrote for several publications from home after my print publication closed, because I was introverted and preferred to be with my little dog rather than with an office crowd.

These are people who don't know the bite of hunger or the fear you might soon find yourself homeless because of back-to-back natural disasters that deplete your life's savings, retirement, emergency funds and every dollar you own.

They don't know what it is like to hold your beloved 17-year-old companion, pet and writing buddy in your lap -- alone at night -- and watch her slowly die because YOU CAN'T AFFORD THE EMERGENCY VET, and no one has been stepping forward to offer any help with the bills, not even the church where you had finally asked for aid when the money ran out. 

They must NOT know these horrors or they would understand that when you have lost all your money, resources and your precious companion, you either give up, or you beg your friends for money -- or you ask them to encourage you as you start a new business -- one where you have to step outside your comfort zone and learn to be more outgoing, but where you have the opportunity to get behind something you believe in and START YOUR LIFE OVER.

So, please spare me any references to the Direct Selling Personality. The only Direct Selling Personality I know about is the one that says:
"Don't give up. Pick up the pieces and start over no matter how scary your new road might be."

If you want to know about the Direct Selling opportunity that helped me turn my life around, let's connect!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choking on Honey: What to Do

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques