On Being an Extra in the movie "A Pure Country Gift"

I just walked in the door after being at the Northstar Studio since 8:30 this morning working as an extra on the movie A Pure Country Gift - the newest film project from Director Christopher Cain who previously directed "Pure Country," "The Next Karate Kid" and "Young Guns." I think it will air on CMT during Christmas.

Being an extra was a lot of "hurry up and wait." We had a costume check at 9:45, and we got a synopsis of the story and a little light training around noon. At 1-ish we did our first "audience" takes, then we sat for HOURS, not going in again until around 7 PM tonight. Then some of us were called back in at 7:45.

Although I was in front of the cameras three different times, because of always being on the side or in the back, I don't think I had any "face" time. I seriously doubt you will be able to pick me out of any scenes. We heard the movie will air on CMT during the holidays.

However, I got to meet actors J.D. Parker and Travis Fimmel and was on the set in my "audience" seat when they were filming the "talk show" scenes with Katrina Elam. It was an interesting experience. I should have pictures back in a few days!

Here is more info on a free concert taping for "A Pure Country Gift" being held in Nashville:

Saturday, November 7th, 2009

Country-Western Fans Invited to Taping at Municipal Auditorium

Although the paid extras were hired some time ago, you can still be a volunteer extra at a concert taping for A Pure Country Gift on Wednesday, November 11 at the Municipal Auditorium from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm....
Keep Reading »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choking on Honey: What to Do

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques