Planned Obsolescence: Defective KitchenAid-Whirlpool Dishwasher KUDS30IXBL Breaks Down

Don't Get Mom a KitchenAid for Mother's Day!



Defective KitchenAid 23.875-Inch Built-In Dishwasher (Color: Black) ENERGY STAR Item #: 333418 | Model #: KUDS30IXBL finally stopped working altogether.

Congratulations, Kitchen Aid and Whirlpool! You have planned obsolescence down to a fine art!

The KitchenAid Dishwasher (made by Whirlpool) which was installed on Nov. 3, 2012 and used for a light load once every week or so since then has stopped working entirely after never cleaning dishes since it was installed.

To recap the list of woes throwing my money away on this flimsy and ineffective piece of junk caused, let's start with how much flimsier this machine was than the old washing machine I had. The plastic was thin and there was much less metal. The flimsy top tray starting coming off the track a couple of weeks after the dishwasher was installed.

After washing my first load of dishes and ALL SUBSEQUENT LOADS, I noticed a nasty white film coating all my pots and pans, silverware, and plastics. No matter what I added: vinegar, citrus additives, gel caps, special rinses, changing detergents, and many other home remedies, my dishes always came out with a white film.

Not only that, but loose food stayed on bowls and dishes. Food like cole slaw, pieces of fresh lettuce, and other fresh food stayed on the bowls and plates even though I could easily flick them off. And any bowl or glass that turned upside down during washing was guaranteed to be filled with dark brown, sludgy water.



The ironic thing is my old dishwasher worked just FINE. Same location, same water, same dish washing detergent, but a much better made dishwasher, made by KitchenAid back when they cared about quality and durability.

When I called Lowes (where I bought the dishwasher) about the numerous problems I was having with my brand-new dishwasher, I was referred to Whirlpool.

Calling Whirlpool was a joke! Whirlpool blamed all my problems on the government removing phospahates from dish washing detergent, as if THAT made the trays flimsy, resulted in fewer jets and left food sticking to dishes. I lost my old dishwasher (due to negligent installation by Construct All) following the flood of 2010 after it was in storage for two years. My OLD DETERGENT, which supposedly had phosphates, was in storage too, so I started out using the same old detergent which had worked fine in my old dishwasher. My dishes came out filmy and dirty no matter what I used.

However, when I called Whirlpool (more than once), the company could not have been more indifferent to my problems. Instead of fixing my defective KitchenAid dishwasher, they just sent me a ton of form letters over the next several months trying to sell me an extended warranty.

Guess what, Whirlpool: If you didn't care enough to FIX the faulty dishwasher when it was brand-new, why would any thinking customers want to extend a warranty you didn't honor in the first place?

So one year and five months after Lowes was paid almost $1,000 for the Whirlpool/KitchenAid KUDS30IXBL dishwasher, it stopped working entirely last week.

It was almost a relief. No more having to wash half of the dishes dishes by hand again after I had already washed them in that defective piece of highway robbery. I just wash all the dishes by hand now since the defective KitchenAid KUDS30IXBL no longer works at all.

As long as Whirlpool/Kitchen Aid turns out junk for $1000 and blames the government for their flimsy, faulty dishwashers instead of looking at the substandard construction and lack of enough jets, I would suggest everyone stop wasting their money on the Whirlpoop/Kitchen Aid brand.


Also see: KitchenAid Built-In Dishwasher Model #: KUDS30IXBL Product Review « Seekyt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choking on Honey: What to Do

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques