The Beatles: How They Changed American Culture in My Small Community - Yahoo

The Beatles land in the U.S. -- 1964


Yahoo writers were asked to look back and give a first-hand account of how the Beatles changed American culture. This is my story:

The Beatles: How They Changed American Culture in My Small Community


It was Feb. 9, 1964, and all the 9-year-old girls in Falls Church, Va.,
were talking in class about the "Ed Sullivan Show" on TV that night. I
had heard a few Beatles songs but until then had never thought about
them. That night I watched something else instead of joining the largest
audience ever recorded for an American television program, but the next
day it was in every paper and every news show. Beatlemania and the
British invasion had begun.

With my parents in 1965

Continued at: The Beatles: How They Changed American Culture in My Small Community - Yahoo
Also see: Superstars Wynonna and Phil Keaggy celebrate 42nd anniversary of Beatles' Sgt. Pepper album - Nashville Gospel Music Examiner
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

Choking on Honey: What to Do

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques