WinCo Fail: Dead Fly in Canned Corn Customer Service Review



In March as COVID-19 was beginning to close communities across the country, I went to WinCo in Oklahoma City where I was living temporarily, and purchased some canned goods and dried foods to take back to Nashville with me, including several cans of WinCo Golden Sweet Corn. My plan was to stock up on groceries before heading home to Nashville for isolating.


On May 18, I opened a can of WinCo Golden Sweet Corn and found what looked like a bloated dead fly in the corn. I immediately called the phone number on the can and reported it to their answering machine since no one was answering calls at the time due to Coronavirus. 

Some time later a representative from the company left me a message and asked that I provide more information. I tried calling back but once again, a message informed me that due to Coronavirus, response might be slow. After a few more tries,  I looked up the WinCo website and filled out the following form on May 31:


Three weeks later, a representative of WinCo finally got back with me via email. Here is what WinCo had to say:


I pointed out that I am now in Nashville and still isolating due to COVID-19 and that even if I weren't several hundred miles away, asking me to return a can to the store well over a month after I first contacted WinCo is a bit unrealistic. 


WinCo Fails at Quality Control & Customer Service

So far I am completely underwhelmed by WinCo customer service and their response to finding a dead fly or something similar in my WinCo corn back in mid May. At this point WinCo barely earns 1 star out of  5 for Customer Service.

WinCo Customer Service Review *

June 28 Update: WinCo has offered me a gift-card of an undisclosed amount. Since we don't have WinCo in Nashville, it won't be of much use to me, so I have not claimed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

Choking on Honey: What to Do

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques