Another Nashville Hiking Meetup - This Time at Warner Woods Trail


Jack and I joined four other hikers from the Nashville Hiking Meetup to enjoy a nocturnal Warner Woods Trail hike at 7p.m. on Monday, August 27, 2012 for a hike. Jack and I actually went to the wrong entrance and so were late getting to the meeting place, and I jugged for over a mile with Jack in a pet carrier pack trying to catch the group. The trail is 2.5 miles long, so I finally wore myself out just as it was getting dark.

I put Jack down and slung the pack over one shoulder and we continued walking. We caught up with a group of 3 girls which I hoped was the Meetup group. The girls were not part of the Meetup, but they had seen the group pass them earlier. I didn't have the energy to jog further and by this time it was really getting dark. My flashlight had fallen out in the car, so I tagged along with the girls who were nice enough to share their light with me.


Soon we saw flashlights ahead of us, and sure enough, it was the Meetup group starting their second time around the circle to make it 5 miles. I got to chat with them for a minute and snap their photo for an article, but I told them I had worn myself out jogging trying to catch them and had no energy left for another loop!

It was a fun adventure from start to finish, even though I was not with the Meetup group for most of the hike. Jack and I had fun trying to catch them!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choking on Honey: What to Do

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques