Centennial Park Hosts Nashville Food Truck Association Street Food Awards


 Centennial Park is a favorite tourist attraction in Nashville, but for native Nashvillians, it conjures up memories of the old Harvey's Christmas displays, school field trips, and its bad reputation in the late 70s and early 80s.

I had the occasion to visit Centennial Park yesterday with my friend Sharon when we kicked off the Labor Day Weekend by going to the Nashville Food Truck Association street food awards. Although the day was overcast at first and the weatherman had predicted possible showers, the sun was bright as the event got underway. It was a good day for sunscreen and for wearing a hat and sunglasses--I did all three.

Food trucks of all kinds lined the roadway to the stage and people were in lines or sitting under trees everywhere to enjoy the food and music.

Sharon and I waited for 1 1/2 hours in the line for the Grilled Cheeserie. While we waited for our grilled cheese sandwiches, a photographer with the Nashville Business Journal came by and snapped our photos, and I got him to take a couple with my camera.

Later Sharon asked me what I thought of the sandwich and I told her it was good, but I didn't see what all the fuss was about. She said she agreed.

I went on a quest for healthy food at the food truck festival with fairly disappointing results which you can read about at: 

Quest for healthy food at Nashville Food Truck Association street food awards

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choking on Honey: What to Do

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques