Walmart.com Boonie Sun Hat Review



About a month ago, I purchased a khaki Boonie sun hat from Walmart.com. It was cute and provided nice sun protection for my face, but was missing its decorative bow. This was disappointing since the bow matches the strap and trim and would be a cute embellishment  but the hat is for working out in my garden, so the bow isn’t really necessary  

The option of getting another color was appealing, so I ordered on in blue. This one arrived with its decorative bow, but the strap that goes under the chin was horribly sewn to the point of being defective. 


The strap is a simple construction where each side is folded in and stitched down the middle to create a uniform edge and prevent fraying. However, the blue hat I received had the stitching down the middle without catching either side in many places. It was already unraveling and couldn’t easily go through the buckle, because the strap was too wide with its sides flared out. 

The hat would not stay on my head easily since the strap cannot be properly tightened. The return process was a slight hassle, so I decided to stitch it down myself. Now it works well and looks cute, but I am disappointed I had to spend an hour of my time stitching up the strap so it would function properly  look the the hat did in the promo photos.

After examining my new blue hat I took a closer look at my khaki and, and it’s strap is not well sewn, but certainly better than the blue hat. 

Walmart.com Boonie Sun Hat from Alfabet Review

The Boonie sun hat from Walmart gets two stars out of 5 for being cute, offering good protection, easy to fold, but poorly made and not quite as pictured. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

Choking on Honey: What to Do

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques