US Postal Service Drops the Ball Twice in October: USPS Review

In October I traveled to Oklahoma for my wedding and to spend a month on my honeymoon and with my new husband’s family. Because I was going to be gone so long, rather than simply hold my mail, on September 29, I filled out the temporary forwarding form online at USPS.com to have my mail sent to my husband’s Oklahoma address for the month of October.  I received a confirmation email a short time later.
USPS Loses My Package

Unfortunately, when I arrived in Oklahoma, I discovered my billfold with all my ID was missing. I had a hunch it might have fallen out of my purse in my car, so I had a friend check and overnight it to me. She sent it via the United States Postal Service and was told it was guaranteed to arrive by 3 pm on Friday. This would allow us just enough time to get to the courthouse, show my ID, get the license and make it to the nearby wedding chapel before it closed at 4.

I waited on pins and needles all day, checking the mailbox while I got ready for my wedding, but the package did not arrive at 3, and when we tried to track it, we were told there was no record of my billfold once it was processed in Nashville at 6 pm the night before. I had to cancel my wedding. At 4:00 pm, I ended up in the ER with tachycardia due to the stress. The billfold arrived on Saturday when the Courthouse and wedding chapel were closed.

Postal Service Loses My Mail (Again)

The following week I finally got married, and a week later I called the Post Office again, this time to find out where my forwarded mail is. As of the writing of this post, I have called the post office twice, and no one has been able to tell me where my mail is. I have the confirmation number and email showing I filled out the form, but my mail for the past three weeks is lost in transit somewhere. Now I am preparing to move back to Nashville and wonder how long that will delay the process.

A few years ago, my local post office just randomly dropped mail for me in a couple of plastic baskets between October and January. I got some of my mail, and some just didn’t arrive. I went in multiple times telling them I wasn’t getting all of my mail, but it took them three months to find the two plastic bins.  I wasn’t even on vacation or a honeymoon, so no form had been filled out asking them to hold or forward my mail.

Unfortunately, the US Postal Service is just an independent agency of the huge bureaucracy that makes up the United States government, which means you can report the problems, but there is no action you can take. You can’t write the owner or sue for negligence.

US Postal Service Review

For this review of the US Postal Service, USPS earns 1 star on a scale of 1-5 for their lack of service during the entire month of October. They should really get zero stars because that’s how many packages have arrived on time as well as how much of my mail has been delivered in October.

US Postal Service - ⭐️

Thank you for reading this article and sharing the link with others. 
Ask me about amazing clinical skincare products and start your way to clearer, healthier skin today! Join me on Facebook for more info! I would love to help you have healthier skin!

skin_and_health@yahoo.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

Choking on Honey: What to Do

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques