Thumbs Up for Bigalow Tea--a Review

 


~ Bigalow Variety Pack Teas Stayed Fresh for 13 Years ~

In May 2010, we had the Flood of the Century in Nashville. I watched the water pour into my crawl space but had trouble convincing my insurance company, which back then unfortunately was Farmers, that there was a problem. They didn’t investigate crawlspaces. It wasn’t until an issue with a washing machine leak a few months later that they finally looked under the house and discovered I had moisture wicking up into the walls from the May flood. My house was subsequently gutted for repairs and I was sent to live in the local Microtel for 9 months while my house was repaired. 

There were not a lot of perks to living in a tiny hotel room for so long, but I did enjoy the little refreshment station where they served hot chocolate and the Bigalow Tea Variety Packs. It provided a small space outside my room to visit daily and sometimes socialize, but mostly enjoy a warm beverage. 

I grew very fond of my daily tea or hot chocolate run. At some point I tried making some tea in my bathroom with hot water from my tiny sink, but it just wasn’t the same. From that experiment, a few bags ended up in my belongings and were taken home and packed away with some Easter stuff. 

I recently unearthed that box and had fun rummaging through a few Easter nick naks. At the bottom of the box were two sealed Bigalow tea bags: an Earl Grey and a Constant Comment. They were 13 years old, but still sealed in their little cellophane wraps. I had to try them. 

Bigalow Tea Review

The Earl Grey I tried yesterday--my personal favorite--looked fresh and smelled fresh when I tore open the package. Better yet, it tasted like it was just bought yesterday, full of flavor and delicious. The bergamot flavoring was as fresh as if I had just opened a new box.  

Today I tried the Constant Comment with the same results. I could have been standing in the refreshment area of the Microtel 13 years ago, the flavor was so fresh. Full disclosure: I did add a little honey to both teas.

Thumbs up to Bigalow Tea, a family-owned business founded by Ruth C. Bigelow in 1945, for flavors that last for over a decade if left in their sealed packages. I give them 5 stars out of 5 for tea that stays fresh for 13 years or more.. 

Updated to add lot number: Before I throw the wrapper away from the 13-year-old Bigalow Constant Comment tea package, I am going to record the lot number for anyone who cares to check: 80664K2A1.

Re;ated Articles:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choking on Honey: What to Do

Birthdays Of Christian Artists - Month By Month List of Gospel Music Birthdays

'Naked and Afraid XL' and Mean Girl Cliques